Monday, August 29, 2005

Power Outages

I thought about another thing to write about. We have had them a few times throughout the summer, but lately they have seemed suckier. Probably cause I've been here longer and am more irritable. We have been having power outages. They suck. It is really dark in our room, cause we sleep during the day. So you can't see anything. I don't think I have to tell you how bad the heat is. It actually gets hotter in the room than outside. The first time it went out it was just a bit after 6am a couple of days ago. I hadn't gone to bed yet. I ended up getting about an hour and a half of sleep. It was not a good day. It came back on that night, but went out again the next morning about 4am. It stayed cool enough where I fell asleep. It came back on about 9am. It remained on for the duration after that. We will see how long it lasts. I guess one of the main generators on post has went down, so they swap back and forth running one side of post then the other. I think they should power our side all of the time, but I don't have a vote. We tend to hang out in the gym, or at work cause they have their own generators if the power goes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home