Saturday, July 16, 2005


I don't remember who I have told and who I haven't, about this little story. I don't think that I have told very many people. Some of you may know that Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey came to Iraq a couple of months ago. We heard about it after she had shown up, but we knew she would be coming back here to Balad, she didn't visit this post just passed through. We talked to all these different people, some that we thought would know about a VIP coming through, they said that they were not sure, but thought that she may be coming back that night. So my friend Chris and I, checked out two sets of NVGs had clip on power supplies, and staked out the area we thought that they would be coming through. This area was not far from out operations, but it was raining that night. So pathetically enough, we took the bus our company had, and sat there and waited for her to arrive. It took about two hours to realize we were insane to sit there to see if she was going to show up. We did not get to see her at all in person. Someone said she came back the following night. Either way a few people from our sister company in Alaska that are stationed here got to see Jessica and Nick and took some pictures. I think they are very nice. Here is one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home