Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Germany Trip


Well I got back from Germany last night(Aug. 2nd 0100). All in all it was a great trip. It was nice most of all just to get out of Iraq. We did some pretty fun things, and most importantly drank a heck of a lot of beer. We also got some really good simulator training that was much needed for us. We ate at mostly German restaurants, at least we tried. Sometimes it was very difficult to order off of the menu, cause most of them were completely in German. I ate steaks, schnitzel, cordon bleu, and a calzone. The calzone of course is Italian, but it was a very good italian restaurant, it was also the size of a pizza. The only site seeing we really got in was going to the castle in Heidelberg. It is very old, but I didn't get much history on it, cause we didn't have time to go on the full guided tour. It was very cool though. The had big huge beer barrels in the castle one was 45,000 liters the other was around 247,000 liters they were larger than many houses. We stayed most of our nights a little outside of Mannheim. We got stuck trying to get a flight back here to Balad in Lunstuhl, which is located near Rammstein Air Force Base. I had a lot of fun there. It was a very cool little town. The beer in Germany is some of the best in the world in my opinion. I really enjoyed it, I primarily drank Hefeweizen. I actually developed a taste for it shortly before I deployed, now I officially love it. So that is a brief summary of my trip. After a few days of trying we got out of there. It was a nice break, but living out of a bag was actually getting old even though it was in Germany. Now it is time to get back to work. I will post some pictures in the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home