Monday, November 28, 2005

Things that have been discussed this year


I am writing this post mostly cause I'm bored out of my mind. The other reasons, well, I'm not exactly sure but anyway. Food for thought I guess. In the first several months over here I spent a large majority of my free time working out, when I wasn't working out or "working", I spent a lot of time deciding what type of new gun I wanted to buy. I was told by my Tara last year that I could get a gun for Christmas this year('05). We really didn't do much for Xmas last year cause I was deploying, so I didn't really need anything. Then I thought that I would be gone for this year's Xmas. So I decided I would take two and get a really nice gift, a new handgun. So I spent the better part of the last 8 months searching online for what type of handgun I wanted to get. I decided pretty early on that I wold get a M1911. It has a certain classic look and feel, and very good longevity. I did a lot of research on it, and it seemed like a great gun. My friend Ed and I have had countless discussions on weapons and tactics for the last several months. Many of these discussions don't have a lot of merit to them since we both don't know a whole lot about either subject, but do have a big interest in learning more about both. So finally after changing my mind about a hundred times I decided to go with a Springfield Armory 1911. We got a good discount on them cause a lot of us guys here bought them, so they gave us a group discount. The other thing we have spent a lot of time talking about more than guns lately is the investing world. Over the past 18 months I have taken a much more active interest in the stock market. I find it pretty interesting. Personally I put most of my investments in to mutual funds. I don't claim to be an expert on the market, so I give them my money and let them do it. This year I actually have purchased some individual stocks of my own. I find it a challenge to reasearch and pick stocks, then watching them to see what they do. I don't have the money to put in to the market to be able to make a fortune, but I have put a little in to the market to see what I'm made of. Any tips would be appreciated. I'll take donations to increase my own fund too. That is all I know. I don't know where I was going with this post. Guess I would let you all know what my friends and I talk about, while we are here. Mostly Ed and I talking. Other people get involved too sometimes. I'll add some links to the my other links over on the right, to tactical websites, and gun forums for those who are interested. The pic is of the TRP that I will be getting. By the way, just so my wife doesn't get jealous. Everyone spends the majority of their time talking about their families, and how much we miss a normal life. Myself included. Have a nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home