Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ava's new dress

This is Ava's new "pillowcase dress" I made her. It's not out of a pillowcase, cause I already had fabric I needed to use. It's a little big on her. I had to pull the ribbons tighter, so it's a little high on her neck. I'm such an expert sewer, that I thought the pattern didn't look big enough in the arm holes, so I made them bigger. I think the next time I'll follow the original pattern! Not bad for a beginner though.
We continue to potty train. Ava had one accident in a week. Not including nap times and bedtime. She still wears a diaper when she's sleeping. Except for today, she refused to put one on for nap time, so I'm sure it will be a nice mess when I go in to her room. Over all though, she's doing pretty good. We leave the house now with big girl panties on, no more pull-ups. And today she went to church for the first time with big girl panties on. I of course worried the whole time while sitting in church that she wouldn't tell her teacher that she needed to go. But when I went and got her, she was still dry. Yea, Ava!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute moo moo (no seriously...its cute). Are you going to make her wear dresses her mommy made to school... poor child! Do you want her to have to tell her friends that her mommy made her dress????

Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...new picture! How about trying some of those cute clothes in her closet... and not letting her pick it out!!!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home