Tuesday, July 08, 2008

What happens when your 2 year old won't take a nap


The past week has been a battle with naps. It's not that Ava screams when I put her down, it's that she lays in her bed for an hour and a half talking before finally going to sleep. Therefore she sleeps later, which means she doesn't fall asleep at night time until 9:30-10:00. For those of you who know me well, you know this is not okay with me!! I'm hoping its just a phase, if not, I'm afraid naps are done with. Oh, I really hope its just a phase.
I took this picture yesterday. She laid in bed for an hour and 15 minutes, so I went in there to see if there was a problem. She said she had to go to the bathroom. Which she didn't. So I just said forget it, there was going to be no nap that day. It was already 2:15. So we went swimming. Well that wore her out good. Half way through dinner she fell asleep. I let her sleep while I finished dinner. I thought I might as well eat in peace :) I had to take her out and tickle her to wake her up. She finally did after about a 10 minute nap. She then finished her chicken and corn on the cob! She cracks me up.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Smith Boys said...

What a funny story! And I agree...bedtime is another word for "Mom's time alone, now get in bed and be quiet!" hehe. I STILL have to work hard to keep Max from falling asleep at 5 o'clock on the days he doesn't nap. He naps about 3 days out of the week, no particular schedule. I'll be doing stuff and realize that Max isn't around, and when I go in his room, there is he is sound asleep. hehe. Take care!

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home